Season 1 Episode 2
June 18, 2012
U.S. viewers (in millions)
Following the reveal of Hubbell’s sudden death, Michelle and Fanny are back at the house. They both remain in a catatonic state for the first night. Meanwhile, after Sasha, Melanie, Ginny, and Boo find out about Hubbell’s accident, they “grieve” by skipping school and watching a movie. Boo is especially upset with how the girls handle the situation, criticizing their lack of sympathy the entire time.
Back at the house, Fanny becomes obsessed with organizing the perfect memorial for her son: a tent to hold the entire town, Buddhist memorial traditions, a mariachi band and cocktail napkins with the face of the Dalai Lama, to name a few. Later, Fanny comforts Truly as she breaks down --talking about their "true love" in front of Michelle. Feeling completely lost, Michelle takes a long walk around town then confronts Fanny about being included in the grieving process. Hubbell was her husband after all.
Later, nothing seems to be going like Fanny wants for the memorial service. So at the dance studio, Michelle teaches the girls and the rest of the class a dance to perform for Fanny in honor of Hubbell. Fanny is touched. But just when it looks like Michelle and Fanny are making progress, they learn that before his death, Hubbell changed his will. Everything that Hubbell owned, is now Michelle’s.
- Sutton Foster as Michelle Simms
- Kaitlyn Jenkins as Betina "Boo" Jordan
- Julia Goldani Telles as Sasha Torres
- Kelly Bishop as Fanny Flowers
- Bailey Buntain as Ginny Thompson
- Emma Dumont as Melanie Segal
- Gregg Henry as Rico
- Stacey Oristano as Truly Stone
- Ellen Greene as Fanny's Friend
- Valarie Pettiford as Vi
- David Burke as Jerry Morton
- Dendrie Taylor as Nina
- Jayne Taini as Earlbud Friend
- Angelina McCoy as Talia
- Stephanie McVay as Ms. Dufresne
- Jill Remez as Ms. Yockey
- Ariel Fergulio as Boy in Spanish Class
- Stephanie Escajeda as Caterer
- Charles C. Stevenson Jr. as Old Man
- Edgar Khachaturov as Edgar
- Matisse Love as Matisse
- RaJahnae Patterson as RaJahnae
|Hubbell's Tribute||Paradise Dance Academy||Pictures in A Frame||Tom Waits|
- Hubbell's death is officially confirmed in this episode.
- This is the debut of Rico, Nina, and The Oyster Bar.
- The first actual performance of Paradise Dance Academy was featured.
- Paradise High School appeared for the first time.
- For Fanny is tied with Pilot for the most watched episode of Bunheads.
- In the previous episode, Melanie said that the movie theater closed down. However in this episode they went to go see a movie. It hasn't been specified if any of the girls can drive but Sasha mentioned in this episode that she wanted a car.